As Taught by Paramhansa Yogananda
Kriya Yoga is an ancient technique that was hidden in secrecy for many centuries. It was revived in 1861, when the great yogi Mahavatar Babaji taught the technique to his disciple Lahiri Mahasaya during their meeting in the Himalayas.
“Kriya Yoga is an instrument through which human evolution can be quickened. The ancient yogis discovered that the secret of cosmic consciousness is intimately linked with breath mastery. This is India’s unique and deathless contribution to the world’s treasury of knowledge.”Swami Sri Yukteswar, Autobiography of a Yogi
Paramhansa Yogananda’s arrival in Boston in 1920 marked the beginning of a new wave of spiritual consciousness in America and throughout the world.
Watch Swami Kriyananda talk about the role of the Avatar in the video.
This week in Ananda Bangalore
Learn to Meditate
- Start meditating with simple but universal methods, as taught by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Take advantage of our online classes & center events
A Touch of Light
- A blog of spiritual adventures with shiny pearls of wisdom, updated weekly
- Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi are spiritual directors of Ananda Sangha Worldwide
Our Weekly Satsangs
- Watch previous recordings of Sunday Satsangs by Nayaswamis Haridas & Roma
- They are spiritual directors of Ananda Sangha Bangalore
- Request for Healing Prayers for your near and dear ones by long time kriya yogis
- These are based upon divine will healing, as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda
The Original Unaltered Edition